Keeping your carpets clean can be tough, but here are a few simple tips to help keep them clean longer.
1. Vacuum regularly – Vacuuming at least once a week will help to keep dirt levels at a minimum. Any less, and you will find that dirt tends to get out of hand and will not come up too easily. Put on some headphones or watch a good show, and make it a fun event.
2. Take off those shoes – It may seem annoying, but it pays off in the end! Our shoes pick up lots of germs and dirt all day long, and you definitely do not want that in your home. Leave the dirty shoes in the entryway and put on some cozy slippers to lounge around the house.
3. Use doormats – Maybe you have guests over and you do not feel like asking them to remove their shows. That is OK! Use a doormat so everyone can at least wipe some of the worst debris off outside of the house. Keep a doormat at each exterior door for best results.
4. Use rugs to cover high traffic areas – We all have our routines. Couch to refrigerator, front door to kitchen, bathroom to bed. If it gets a lot of traffic, try putting down a nice rug to cover up these areas.
5. Clean up spills immediately – This may be the best tip yet. Sometimes our reaction is to put off cleaning up a spill, but this is the worst thing you can do! The longer the stain sits, the harder it is to clean up. Spills immediately begin to set up so it is best to be punctual in cleaning.
For best results plan on having Real Green Cleaning perform routine cleanings to keep the carpet at its best. We look forward to your business!